Wednesday, June 3, 2015

How to Tap your Way through the Severe Menopause Symptoms?



“After two days tapping, I felt significantly calmer.”

—Lorraine Candy, editor-in-chief of ELLE magazine



“...for what it's worth I'm a convert. Tapping seems to flick a mental switch, asking your subconscious to solve your problems for you.”

—The Daily Mail


Would not it be wonderful, if you find an easy to follow, effective, side effects free, natural way to menopause symptoms relief? I bet, it would!!! No doubt, there are many herbal remedies, supplements and medicines, which can and do help women suffering from insomnia, hot flashes, depression and night sweats to the various degrees of success. Yet there is also a rather new twist on an ancient practice that is claimed to already help over 100,000 women!

Gary Craig developed this relatively new adaptation of the ancient Chinese practice of acupuncture, called The Emotional Freedom Technique, or EFT, in the 1990's, while he was working with Dr. Roger Callahan, a cognitive psychologist.

What is EFT?

This ‘psychological acupuncture without the needles’, more commonly known as Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is one of the “energy psychology” or “energy meridian therapies” similar to acupuncture or acupressure.

EFT was developed by a Stanford University Engineering graduate, Gary Craig, in the early 1990s, as a simplified process of TFT (Thought Field Therapy). Although these techniques are relatively new, their roots stretch back to the times of ancient Chinese and Japanese acupuncture and acupressure methods.

This approach is a psycho-emotional form of acupuncture, but instead of using needles, you tap with your fingertips upon certain acupuncture points on the face, upper body and hands. This approach addresses the underlying energetic patterns and the goal is to bring back balance and harmony within your energetic field. In turn, this can have positive effects on the body’s physiology.  Get the body’s energy field balanced and flowing without disruption, and the body can naturally heal itself.

It may seem a very odd way to deal with the symptoms of menopause, but this novel approach can afford a natural alternative to HRT as we work with the energy structure that underlies the emotions that may create the symptoms.

This approach is a universal one, based on the premise that “the cause of all negative emotions (which can also manifest as all sorts of physical problems) is a disruption in the body’s energy system” (Gary Craig).

The finger tapping sets up a vibration that stimulates the acupuncture point, in a similar way that the acupuncture needles do. By working on these meridian points, the body’s energy system can be reset, with harmony and balance restored.

Because of using EFT you may well find yourself with:
* An increase in self-esteem.
* Improvements in health, energy and focus.

EFT has been found to relieve:

* Stress and anxiety
* Chronic pain
* Plus many other problems and issues, emotional and physical


Tapping Points

* The Top of the Head (H) point is about a finger’s width behind the exact crown of the head. Many people can feel a slight depression or tenderness there.
* The Eyebrow point (EB) is at the tip of the eyebrow near the nose, on the bone. Both sides of the body are used.
* The Side of Eye (SE) point is at the outside tip of the eyebrow. Both sides of the body are used.
* The Under the Eye (UE) point is on the top of the cheekbones underneath and in line with the pupil.
* The Under the Nose (UN) point is in the indentation between the nose and upper lip.
* The Chin point (CH) is in the crease between the bottom lip and the chin.
* The Collarbone point (CB) is the soft spot about an inch toward the outside of the body from the hollow V shape at the base of the neck, just off the sternum (breast bone), just under the collarbone.
* The Under the Arm (UA) point is about a hand’s-breadth below the armpit. Both sides of the body are used. For some people who are chemically dependent, this spot can drive up distress so you may delete this spot if needed.
* The Rib point is also called the Liver point. It is between the 6th and 7th ribs in line with the nipple (for women, it’s about where the bra band would be).
* The Thumb point is at the base of the nail bed on the side of the thumb toward the body.
* The Index Finger point is at the base of the nail bed on the side of the index finger toward the body.
* The Middle Finger point is at the base of the nail bed on the side of the middle finger toward the body.
* The Little Finger point is at the base of the nail bed on the side of the baby finger toward the body.


Tapping Techniques

The first thing to understand is that you will be tapping with your fingers. There are a number of acupuncture meridians on your fingertips, and when you tap with your fingertips you are also likely using not only the meridians you are tapping on, but also the ones on your fingers.

Traditional EFT has you tapping with the fingertips of your index finger and middle finger and with only one hand. Either hand works just as well. Most of the tapping points exist on either side of the body, so it does not matter which side you use, nor does it matter if you switch sides during the tapping. For example, you can tap under your right eye and, later in the tapping, under your left arm.

Ideally, you will want to use your fingertips, not your finger pads as they have more meridian points. However, if you have long fingernails you should use your finger pads.

You should also remove your watch and bracelets, as that will interfere with your use of the wrist meridian tapping.

The EFT Process

Gary Craig has devised what he calls “The Basic Recipe,” a sequence that can be used in just about any situation with minimal adaptation, as suits the patient or practitioner. With this you are first guided (or will guide yourself) through identifying a specific pain, anxiety, or problem. This is an important part of the process and can make all the difference in some cases.

From that work, you will develop a guiding phrase (Craig likes to refer to this as the “affirmation”) that relates to an issue, sensation, concern, and emotion, based on this adaptable phrasing:
Even though I have this _____, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.

Practitioners urge that the guiding phrase be said with conviction, but even if you don’t really feel it, just repeating the phrase with emphasis appears to be quite effective. This is one of the reasons why EFT works even when the person involved is a bit skeptical of the therapy.

Once you have established a phrase, you begin a series of tapings on specific points on the body that correlate to the various energy meridians. As you repeat your guiding phrase, you tap rhythmically about seven times in each place, though the exact number of taps is not crucial.

The tapping sequence is as follows:
·         H – top of the head
·         EB – inner edge of the eyebrow
·         SE – side of the eye
·         UE – under the eye
·         UN – under the nose
·         CH – center of chin
·         CB – collarbone
·         UA – under the arm

This simple sequence of guided phrases and tapping is often enough to provide relief, but for those who want more, an extension to the procedure and patterns for repetition can be used, and all the pieces can be layered together for greater effectiveness.

Keep in mind that EFT may be only the gateway to discovering how your physical symptoms relate to your emotions, and that it can be very powerful. Some of us have buried so much, so deeply, that even scraping the surface triggers a geyser blow of emotion. For this reason, it is recommended to start with a licensed psychologist or counselor, also trained in EFT, to gain the trust in the technique, proper knowledge and experience in applying it effectively.


Hot Flushes Script

Tapping on the Karate Chop Point (Side of Hand) repeat the following:

Even though I have these relentless hot flushes,
I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
Even though I have these relentless hot flushes,
I deeply and completely love and forgive myself.
Even though I have these relentless hot flushes …
It’s like I have a furnace inside of me.
So hot,
So very hot!
So very uncomfortable.
And embarrassing too!.
I hate it when I look like a beetroot,
With my bright red face
And burning neck
And nowhere to hide it.
When I need to strip off my clothes or melt.
Everyone can see me,
Bright red face.
It never seems to stop.
It goes on and on,
Relentlessly on and on.
It’s been going on for so long now.
Is it ever going to finish?
Am I stuck with this for the rest of my life?
This relentless heat and burning?
Are my hormones ever going to let me go
And live my life again?
I’m tired of being told “It’s one of those things”.
“What do you expect at your time of life?”
And if I’m not hot, then I’m feeling chilled,
Because the flush makes me so warm
My clothing gets damp
Or even wet through!
I layer my clothing,
But it’s such a bind.
And it makes me feel heavy headed,
Tight-headed
As the heat rolls over me.
Removing the layers hardly helps
Nor drinking water,
Nor fanning myself
Just wave after wave of heat and tight-headedness.
But now I choose to know
That enough is enough.
I’ve decided
that I’m no longer
going to be ruled by these flushes
That my hormones can balance themselves.
And I choose to know
That I deserve to be free of this
And even though I have these relentless hot flushes,
I deeply and completely,
Love, forgive and accept myself.

Now it’s time to move on to the individual tapping points. Tap gently but firmly a few times (about 5-7) on each point as you say the phrases.

Eyebrow Point: These relentless hot flushes.
Side of Eye: These relentless hot flushes.
Under Eye: These relentless hot flushes.
Under Nose: These relentless hot flushes.
Chin (Under Mouth): These relentless hot flushes.
Collar Bone: These relentless hot flushes.
Under Arm: These relentless hot flushes.
Top of Head: These relentless hot flushes.

EB: This furnace inside of me.
SE: This furnace inside of me.
UE: Makes me so hot.
UN: So very hot.
CH: It’s so uncomfortable.
CB: This bright red face.
UA: This burning inside of me
TH: Who needs a heater

EB: When you feel like this?
SE: I want to live in an igloo.
UE: Surely that would cool me down some?
UN: And there would be no-one to see me,
CH: With my bright red face.
CB: I am SO embarrassed
UA: With my beetroot face
TH: And having to fling off my clothes

EB: Just to cool down.
SE: And how often does it work,
UE: Removing layers,
UN: Cold drinks,
CH: Fans running.
CB: These relentless hot flushes
UA: insist on running their course.
TH: If I’m lucky,

EB: Really lucky,
SE: It might last a few moments.
UE: But no,
UN: I always get the ones
CH: That go on and on,
CB: Relentlessly on.
UA: Dratted hormones,
TH: “Just that time of life”, you know.

EB: Why can’t I be
SE: One of the 50% of women
UE: Who never experience any flushes at all???
UN: It’s so unfair!
CH: Getting hot under the collar
CB: Then chilled because my clothes are wet.
UA: So unfair!
TH: But what if

EB: I decide
SE: Enough is enough?
UE: What if
UN: I make the choice
CH: That I’m no longer going to be ruled by these hot flushes?
CB: What if I allow myself
UA: To know
TH: That my body can regulate itself?

EB: What if
SE: I choose to see
UE: These flushes
UN: As surges of life energy
CH: As the creative fire
CB: of my unique and individual spirit?
UA: I can choose to see
TH: These flushes

EB: Acting to deep cleanse my body
SE: Refining itself for
UE: New physical and spiritual tasks.
UN: I take time
CH: To ask myself,
CB: “What is getting me all hot and bothered?”
UA: “Are there things in my life
TH: I need to discard,

EB: Just like my layers of clothing?”
SE: What if I choose to see
UE: These hot flushes as proof
UN: That I’m still pretty hot,
CH: Despite my years
CB: I choose to believe these flushes
UA: Are a sign
TH: Of a quick and easy

EB: Transition to menopause.
SE: I allow myself
UE: To accept these hot flushes
UN: As a way
CH: To vent excess heat.
CB: I choose to see them
UA: As a cleansing and refining process,
TH: Bringing me closer to the true me

EB: I can get fed up
SE: Of these relentless hot flushes,
UE: But I can also accept that
UN: They are part of
CH: “The Change of Life”
CB: And I choose to believe
UA: That change IS life
TH: And life is growth.

Take a nice, slow deep breath and let it out. Drink a glass of water too.

Video Presentation


Night Sweats Script

Tapping on the Karate Chop Point (Side of Hand) repeat the following:

Even though I have these exhausting night sweats,
I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
Even though I have these exhausting night sweats,
I deeply and completely love and forgive myself.
Even though I have these exhausting night sweats …
As soon as I get into bed,
And lie down,
Up they start,
These exhausting night sweats.
And it NEVER goes away.
It doesn’t matter if I’m hot or cold,
Inside or out,
If I have the fan full on,
Or if I’m wearing the lightest of bed clothes,
And have the best pure cotton bedding.
It is SO exhausting;
I don’t know what’s worse,
The sweats or the insomnia!
I can’t stay awake in the evening,
I keep nodding off,
How embarrassing when the family are there.
Yet as soon as I get into bed,
Up they start!
Those incredibly hot and wet sweats.
They come on with a vengeance,
Sudden and intense.
I wake up in the night,
Feeling like I’m going to combust.
And I am SOAKED in perspiration,
Soaked to the bone,
My hair drenched,
And the pillows and sheets, too.
I have to change clothes and bedding,
And sleep on towels.
These night sweats prevent me from sleeping.
WHY am I sweating like this?
EVERY single ruddy night!
I get so clammy and wet,
From head to toe.
When does this all freaking end?
Is there nothing I can do to stop it?
Will it ever go away?
I lie in this furnace,
This heat-wave that feels
As if my blood is boiling
Tossing and turning.
First I throw off the bedding
Longing for a current of cool air,
For any tiny bit of refreshing coolness.
And then freeze as I cool
And the sweat evaporates.
I feel so bad
Because it affects my husband/partner,
Disturbs their sleep too.
I’ve even had to go
And sleep in the spare room,
With the windows wide open,
Even in the midst of winter!
I feel so out of control,
As my body takes over,
Its thermostat constantly on high.
What have I done to deserve this?
Why does my body do this to me?
Will it ever end?
It’s driving me mad!
And even though I have these exhausting night sweats,
I deeply and completely,
Love, forgive and accept myself.

Now it’s time to move on to the individual tapping points. Tap gently but firmly a few times (about 5-7) on each point as you say the phrases.

Eyebrow Point: These exhausting night sweats
Side of Eye: These exhausting night sweats
Under Eye: These exhausting night sweats
Under Nose: These exhausting night sweats
Chin (Under Mouth): These exhausting night sweats
Collar Bone: These exhausting night sweats
Under Arm: These exhausting night sweats
Top of Head: These exhausting night sweats

EB: Starting when I get into bed,
SE: As soon as I lie down.
UE: So sudden and intense.
UN: Even when I’m trying to stay cool,
CH: Even with the fan full on,
CB: Even with the lightest of bed clothes,
UA: Up they start,
TH: These exhausting night sweats!

EB: These incredibly hot and wet sweats.
SE: Waking me in the night,
UE: So clammy and wet,
UN: From head to toe.
CH: I lie in this furnace,
CB: In a heat-wave,
UA: That feels like my blood’s boiling,
TH: And soaked in perspiration

EB: I don’t know what’s worse,
SE: The sweats or the insomnia.
UE: It’s all SO exhausting!
UN: Waking in the night
CH: Feeling as if I’m about to combust,
CB: Drenched in sweat,
UA: Drenched to the bone,
TH: These terrible night sweats,

EB: Coming on with a vengeance,
SE: Drenching my body,
UE: Drenching my hair,
UN: Drenching my bedding,
CH: Just what I want!
CB: Changing the bed in the middle of the night!
UA: Having to sleep on towels.
TH: How I long for a dry night’s sleep!!!

EB: And I feel so bad
SE: Because it disturbs my husband’s/partner’s sleep as well.
UE: It’s absolutely no fun
UN: Having to sleep
CH: In the spare room.
CB: Needing the window wide open
UA: For any cooling breeze.
TH: WHY am I sweating like this?

EB: Why does my body thermostat not work
SE: The way it always has?
UE: Why is this happening to me?
UN: What have I done to deserve this?
CH: This hellfire of night sweats!
CB: These night sweats,
UA: Keeping me awake.
TH: They are driving me mad!

EB: I feel so out of control.
SE: Wish I could flick a switch on MY thermostat
UE: Like I can with the central heating!
UN: Will it EVER go away?
CH: Is there anything I can do stop it?
CB: These dratted night sweats!
UA: These dratted night sweats!
TH: These poxy, exhausting night sweats!

EB: But what if
SE: I decide
UE: Enough is enough!
UN: What if
CH: I choose to believe
CB: That my mind can affect my body?
UA: What if
TH: I make the choice

EB: That these night sweats
SE: Can only bother me
UE: If I allow them to.
UN: What if I can see
CH: Something positive
CB: Come out of this?
UA: I have to be honest
TH: And say at this time,

EB: I’ve no idea what that may be.
SE: Perhaps I could consider
UE: That my body is trying to speak to me;
UN: To get me to listen
CH: To its message.
CB: It must be pretty important
UA: For it to be ‘shouting’ at me like this.
TH: After all,

EB: Not every woman
SE: Going through menopause
UE: Suffers from night sweats.
UN: Many women have no trouble at all.
CH: Why should that be?
CB: Why shouldn’t I be one of them?
UA: Are there things going on in my life
TH: Which are getting me all hot and bothered?

EB: Am I trying too hard
SE: To do too many things,
UE: To be Superwoman,
UN: And just ending up
CH: Getting all in a sweat?
CB: Can I allow myself
UA: To see these night sweats
TH: As my body’s deep cleansing mechanism?

EB: Can I allow myself to go with the flow?
SE: To become more relaxed
UE: Cooler, calmer and more collected
UN: About things going on in my life?
CH: What if
CB: I can see these “tropical moments”,
UA: These “thermostatically-challenged” times,
TH: As part of the natural process

EB: Indicating the changes in my life
SE: And the need to slow down,
UE: De-stress and relax.
UN: I allow myself to see myself
CH: In a state of balance.
CB: I allow myself to know
UA: That my body thermostat
TH: Can be set to normal

EB: And stay that way.
SE: I choose to listen to the messages
UE: My body tells to me.
UN: I allow myself
CH: To take every step
CB: I need
UA: To love and nurture my body
TH: And my self.

EB: I choose
SE: To love and accept myself.
UE: I choose
UN: To love and forgive myself,
CH: Even when I feel
CB: That my body is betraying me.
UA: I choose to know that all things pass,
TH: That what I resist,

EB: Persists.
SE: I choose to know
UE: That I can let myself trust
UN: My body’s innate ability for harmony.
CH: I choose to know
CB: That releasing any and all resistance
UA: Is always for the good.
TH: And I bless my body with love.

Take a nice, slow deep breath and let it out. Drink a glass of water too.



Sources and Additional Information:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...