‘Folliculinum is a really brilliant remedy around menopause. It pretty well covers the whole range of physical and mental symptoms we might find at this time.’
Women Ripening Through the Menopause
Most homeopathic practitioners from different schools agree with the statement that Folliculinum of the most (if not the most) beneficial remedy for general use during menopause.
It stimulates the continuing natural production of oestrogen by the ovaries and by the other organs which also make small amounts of Oestrogen including the adrenal glands, liver and kidneys. The most recommended is the LM type potency, which is considered as the fastest, gentlest, and the deepest acting of potencies.
In general, Folliculinum is the most beneficial remedy for general use in any woman not only during peri-menopause, menopause, and post menopause, but also after a hysterectomy or ovary removal (which causes premature menopause).
The LM potency was the last great development by Samuel Hahnemann and is supposed to be taken on a daily basis. The medicine should be prepared for the patient’s use by a knowledgeable classical homeopath, because Folliculinum LM potencies usually are not available in pharmacies in the proper form for patient dosing. Note, that range of the LM potencies is quite wide - from LM1 to LM 30 – so you need to consult with professional on the most useful consumption regime.
Folliculinum is made from ovarian follicle, which is folliculin, the natural hormone secreted by the ovaries and also known as oestron. Folliculinum can be alternated daily with any other appropriate remedy.
Folliculinum may help and actually prevent the wide range of the hormonal symptoms associated with menopause. The following symptoms have the best chance to be reduced substantially:
* Hot flashes: night sweats, feels hot and bothered, and facial flushing.
* Vaginal dryness. Occasional, yellow or brownish vaginal discharge.
* Menstrual cycle irregularities: either too short, too long, or none at all; flooding; pre-menstrual syndrome.
* Cystitis that recurs premenstrually, or chronic cystitis in menopause, chronic E. coli infections.
* Candida, yeast infections.
* Hair loss.
* Cardio-vascular problems: angina, palpitations, tachycardia, and other heart irregularities.
* Dizziness, air hunger, and faintness.
* Headaches and migraines.
* Weight gain without over eating, both obesity and water retention.
* Abdominal swelling and heaviness; bloating; stomach rumblings.
* Chronic constipation, sometimes alternating with diarrhea. Heavy feeling in rectum. Swollen liver.
* Cravings for sugar and wheat.
* Allergies of all sorts, hay-fever, allergic reactions.
* Skin rashes; itching; dry and chapping eczema; easy bruising.
* Feelings being drained emotionally or psychologically; over estimated energy reserves. Taken position of self-denial. High anxiety and random panic attacks.
* Slow movement and spacey chinking.
* Hypersensitivity to noise, heat, and touch.
DISCLAIMER: The Folliculinum is not recommended for women who are keeping their oestrogen levels low for the clinical reasons.
Sources and Additional Information: